USAIDs Punjab Enabling Environment Project (PEEP)
The objective of USAID Punjab Enabling Environment Project (PEEP) is to improve the enabling environment for the agriculture, livestock, and dairy sectors in Punjab to promote private sector led growth.
- Assist the Communications Specialist in the preparation of all communication strategies, work plans and outreach events of the project to facilitate the achievement of the project goals;
- Work with the project’s program team for preparation of PEEP’s advocacy and promotional material including brochures (print and electronic), newsletters, fact-sheets, one-pagers etc.;
- Assist the Communications Specialist to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external key stakeholders including media to ensure proper dissemination of the key communications material and press releases;
- Handle event management related tasks for project’s events including site visits, venue finalization, and branding;
- Coordinate conferences, seminars, workshops, roundtable meetings, and core advocacy group meetings. Prepare agendas, and conduct research and photography for all events;
- Write and deliver press releases, social media blurbs, event briefers, media relations content, fact sheets, one-pagers, case studies, investment and corporate newsletter content, social media content, and talking points for USAID officials;
- Develop drafts for PEEP’s success stories and conduct field visits for associated photography;
- Coordinate with advertising agencies, graphic houses, printers, video and audio production and editing houses, documentary makers, regional language translators and Urdu copy writers, media and public relation firms, stall/pavilion fabrication firms, infographics and animation designers, and other vendors for project workshops, conferences, and other significant events;
- Coordinate with program units on communications, advocacy and investment promotion related activities;
- Work with the project’s M&E team to finalize project’s monthly, quarterly and annual reports as per USAID’s writing, branding and marking guidelines;
- Develop presentations for project and its components;
- Work with project’s grantees and beneficiaries to help them conduct outreach activities as per USAID’s branding and marking guidelines;
- Ensure proper reporting, filing and archiving of all relevant administrative, technical and programmatic communications documents both. Maintain data and record of all communications related documents including press clippings in electronic and hard copy files;
- Proactively research updated USAID communications policies and regulations to ensure compliance of communications activities;
- Other duties as assigned;
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelors (honors) degree in mass communications/social sciences/business administration or equivalent from a leading Pakistani or foreign university. Master’s degree will be preferred.
- Three years of work experience in a similar capacity.
- Ability to work under short deadlines and efficiently handle multiple tasks.
- Willingness to travel for field visits to other districts and rural areas.
- Writing, editing, branding and communications management experience is desirable.
- Work experience in communications/media/marketing, especially in donor-funded projects.
- Ability to effectively coordinate with project’s team members as well as external stakeholders including partners and grantees.
- Proficiency in MS Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills
- Skills required in report writing and presentation-making
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and can efficiently handle multiple tasks
- Previous work experience with USAID/ international donor/ corporate sector is highly desired