An international nonprofit organization that works with people around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources seeks applications for the position of Value Chain Specialist (Banana) for its activities in Sindh.
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ Degree in Agriculture/Horticulture/Food Technology or related disciplines.
- At least 4 years’ experience in agribusiness development with focus on horticulture value chains development or other relevant experience.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the horticulture sector of Pakistan, and domestic and international marketing systems.
- Prior experience of working with similar US donor funded projects will be preferred.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; knowledge of local languages will be an added advantage.
- Expertise in designing and operating post-harvest technology that is low-cost, low-tech and easily operated at farm level.
- Strong computer literacy skills required in word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, web browsers, and email;
- Willing and able to travel to all provinces of Pakistan;
- Able to produce high quality work under pressure and deadlines.
- This position will support in the execution of project’s interventions and related activities, including but not limited to value chain analyses and documentation of information on production, post-harvest and marketing of banana; capacity building of the value chain partners and coordination with the relevant projects, programs and organizations.
- Will assist the Provincial Program Coordinator – Sindh / Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) in implementing project activities for addressing banana value chains development constraints including enhancement of produce handling and value addition capabilities of the target beneficiaries.
- Will supervise the activities of Community Organizers.
- Support DCOP/PPC-Sindh in developing and implementing work plan for the development of banana value chains as envisaged in the project document.
- Conduct value chain analysis to identify constraints and opportunities in production, post-harvest and marketing of banana.
- Plan and implement product specific value enhancement plans for banana by way of improvements in technologies and processes employed for production, postharvest handing, processing/ripening, packing, logistic (supply chain management and cool chain management) and marketing;
- Work with DCOP/PPC-Sindh to design and implement training programs from farm to the processing plant level to optimize end product quality and value for the consumers.
- Work with other Project team members to support partners and beneficiaries including farmer groups and exporters to enhance their capabilities and capacities to address value chain constraints and thus enhancing their profitability;
- Assist in designing of post-harvest handling systems to minimize produce wastage and ensure high quality, food safety, and higher returns to the farmers and other value chain partners.
- Support the Project team in organizing trainings, meetings, workshops, field days, expositions and other project related events.
- Promote (small) farmer-market linkages to facilitate efficient and profitable marketing of produce and access to knowledge, inputs, technology and credit.
- Assist project’s team in disbursement of grants to the beneficiaries of banana value chains in the project districts.
- Develop technical and progress reports as required by the project reporting arrangements.
Note: Individuals can apply using Brightspyre or send their resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mentioning the position title in the subject line of the email.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Only individuals who are shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com